The Aerocool Project 7 family is an RGB-themed collection of products and seems like an attempt to form a sort of Aerocool ecosystem for customers to buy into. We first saw the P7-C1 Pro, a chassis which left us a little disappointed, but now we have the P7-850W PSU in our labs. While cases can get away with being good looking but not necessarily the best quality, for PSUs it’s all a matter of function over form – a shoddy PSU will quickly be exposed by professional testing. That said, Aerocool is definitely looking to tick both boxes with this premiu
PSU, which adds some RGB flare to what is often one of the most boring components in a PC.
850W is enough to power some serious hardware. Unless you are planning an overclocked build around Intel X299 or AMD X399 with multiple top-end graphics cards, it should have you covered. The P7-850W Platinum is, as the name suggests, rated at 80 Plus Platinum efficiency, second only to Titanium. Like the majority of PSUs these days, it utilises a single 12V rail design that can deliver practically the full 850W capacity thanks to a 70A rating.
As you would expect from PSU at this price, the P7-850W Platinum is fully modular. The total number of peripheral and PCIe connectors and the length of all cables are all suitable for the type of build this PSU is designed for. The cables themselves are flexible, flat, and black, so their presence in builds can be kept to a minimum.
• 80 Plus Platinum certified for the highest efficiency: Under typical load, efficiency is at 92% when 115VAC and efficiency is around 94% when 230VAC.
• Designed to work efficiently even at 50°C ambient temperature.
• High-quality Japanese capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
• RGB fan on PSU can be controlled through the P7-Hub (P7-H1) and motherboard including “Asus Aura”, “Gigabyte RGB Fusion” and “MSI Mystic Light Sync”.
• Super Quiet PSU function as fans only spin up on 60% load and fans spin at less than 500 RPM before 80% load.
• Certified to provide protection including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection) and OPP (Over Power Protection).
• The fully modular and soft black flat cables make cable management a cinch and deliver an easier installation experience.
• 14cm fan provides excellent airflow and the FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing) dust proof design protects the bearing and keeps it operating smoothly.
• Conforms to ATX12V v2.4 and EPS v2.92 standards and is backward compatible with the ATX12V v2.2 and ATX12V v2.01 standards.
• Fully compatible with the latest generation Intel Core series processors starting from the 4th Generation CPU Intel ‘Haswell’ platform’s C6/C7 power saving mode.
• Standby power draw less than 0.1W which over-accomplishes the requirements for the latest EU ErP2014 Lot6 and Energy Star 6.0 (<0,25W standby power consumption, <50% standby efficiency).